Sue Bird’s Jersey Retirement presented by Coinbase set for June 11
SEATTLE — The Seattle Storm today announced that single-game tickets for the 2023 regular season presented by Symetra are on sale now on StormBasketball.com. Opening Day presented by Providence Swedish tips off the season on May 20th against the defending WNBA Champion Las Vegas Aces. The first 5,000 fans to enter Climate Pledge Arena will receive a free commemorative t-shirt.
The Storm returns to Climate Pledge Arena for a second season where it hosts 20 games of an extended 40-game schedule for the first time in WNBA history. With 10 out of the team’s first 15 games at home, Storm fans have a lot of exciting theme nights, giveaways, and special halftime entertainment to look forward to this summer.
A highlight of the season is Sue Bird’s Jersey Retirement presented by Coinbase on June 11 featuring a Sue Bird bobblehead giveaway for the first 5,000 fans. Bird, who played her last WNBA season with the Storm in 2022 after a successful 21-year career that included four championships, will be honored in a post-game ceremony culminating with her No. 10 jersey being lifted to the rafters. In addition, international acrobat legend Red Panda will perform at halftime.
Fan-favorite canine shows from last season, including Christian the acrobat and his basketball playing chihuahua, Scooby, as well as Seattle Fly Dogs and their talented, high-speed four-legged friends, are set to return as halftime entertainment on June 22 and September 10.
Other theme nights are:
- Pride Night presented by AT&T on June 22 at 7 p.m. PT vs. Indiana Fever
- Toy Drive benefiting Seattle Children’s and supported by Aetna on June 29 at 7 p.m. PT vs. Minnesota Lynx
- Believe in Women Night presented by Symetra on July 22 at Noon PT vs. Chicago Sky
- Storm into STEM Kids Day presented by Department of Health and Pacific Science Center on August 8 at Noon PT vs. Connecticut Sun
- Storm Out Cancer Night presented by Providence Swedish Cancer Institute on August 18 at 7 p.m. PT vs. Minnesota Lynx
- Kicks for Equality presented by Symetra, in partnership with Bank of America on August 27 at 3 p.m. PT vs. Chicago Sky
- Fan Appreciation Night presented by Amazon on September 10 at Noon PT vs. Los Angeles Sparks
For more information on Storm 360 Season Ticket Memberships, single game tickets, Storm Mini Plans, and Group Experiences, visit http://stormbasketball.com, or call 206-217-WNBA (9622).