How to take public transit to Climate Pledge Arena
Take Link to the Game! With the Northgate light rail stations recently opened, taking light rail and connecting to Seattle Center Monorail is one of the fastest, most climate-friendly ways to get to Climate Pledge Arena. Fans that take public transit can rest easy knowing that the Monorail will keep running for 60 minutes (or longer!) after the conclusion of all Climate Pledge Arena events and light rail trains run past midnight 7 days a week.
View all light rail stops here.
In addition, dozens of public transit routes serve Climate Pledge Arena and the surrounding neighborhood. King County Metro and Sound Transit both have excellent trip planners to help you catch the right bus or train.
ORCA Card Accepted
Tap and ride using your ORCA Card! ORCA cards are accepted by King County Metro, Sound Transit, Seattle Center Monorail, Community Transit, Washington State Ferries, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit.
Climate Pledge Arena App
Don’t have an ORCA card? Climate Pledge Arena will subsidize public transit rides to all home Storm games. To receive your subsidized public transit ride, you must download the Climate Pledge Arena mobile app and set up your free account. We strongly recommend that you do this ahead of time, as it takes a few minutes to get set-up.
- Download the Climate Pledge Arena Mobile App (official name is Kraken + Climate Pledge Arena in the app store) on the mobile device you’ll have with you for the game. You must download this app to receive your subsidized transit pass.
- Select Sign Up/Login Option and create your free account (you will not be able to get your free transit passes if you enter as a guest)
- Once you’re in, tap on the “Ticketing” icon (top right) and link the app with your Ticketmaster account. You’ll need to log in to your Ticketmaster account.
- Your free transit pass is available to redeem two hours before doors open and two hours after the game. To redeem it, you’ll open the Climate Pledge Arena Mobile App, tap the “Travel” icon (top middle) and choose the option that says “Redeem Free Transit Pass”. Here are step-by-step instructions for how to redeem your transit pass using the Climate Pledge Arena mobile app.
- Please note, if you use multiple modes of transit, for example, light rail to monorail, you’ll need to redeem a separate transit pass for each segment of travel. So, once you finish your light rail trip, you’ll navigate back to the travel section of the app and then select your next mode of travel by tapping on the “Tap to Select” button and selecting “Monorail”. When you arrive at the Monorail, you’ll show your scannable QR code to the customer service representative who will scan your code and let you through.
- If your Ticketmaster account has multiple Storm tickets for a game, then you also have the same number of subsidized transit passes available. For example, if you have four tickets for tonight’s Storm game, then you also have four transit passes that can be used across all participating public transit system partners.
- If you transfer your Storm tickets to a friend, the transit pass also follows these transferred tickets through Ticketmaster. So, if your friend wants to take advantage of the subsidized transit pass, they need to set up the Climate Pledge Arena Mobile App on their phone and connect it with their own Ticketmaster account.
Taking Ride Share to Storm games
The best rideshare drop off locations on your way to Climate Pledge Arena will be:
- The corner of Republican and Warren
- Museum of Pop Culture turn around
- The drop off zone on Mercer Street in front of McCaw Hall
- Drop off zone on Denny Way by the Pacific Science Center
30 minutes following events at Climate Pledge Arena, ride-share vehicles will not be permitted to pick up passengers near the arena.
We suggest walking east on Thomas Street and requesting a premium ride-share vehicle at Thomas Street and Taylor Street (1 block off Seattle Center campus) or continuing to Dexter Ave. (6 blocks off Seattle Center campus) to meet a general ride-share vehicle.
Driving to Storm games
If you have to drive, plan ahead! Download the Climate Pledge Arena app for the best parking experience. The Climate Pledge Arena app will:
- Display all parking lots available to event-goers on a map with availability and pricing information
- Allow fans to reserve before arrival at the arena in their chosen parking location
- Allow fans to transfer or cancel their parking reservations if they will not be attending the event
- Generate a parking pass that can be easily scanned at any of the aforementioned lots
Other options for those looking for parking include parking downtown and hopping on the Monorail to the arena.
You can decide on the proximity to the arena and the price you want to play. Don’t waste time searching for a parking spot.