WHO WE ARE
We are a four-time WNBA championship team committed to bringing a premium professional basketball and entertainment experience to a fan base rich in tradition and support. The organization places high value on community and building platforms to positively impact the overall entertainment, attraction and economy of the Puget Sound region. In addition, we are dedicated to local youth development in the areas of fitness and wellness; with a special emphasis on inspiring leadership, motivation and the empowerment of girls and women.
WHAT WE DO
The Storm is more than 12 players on the court creating a game day experience. Behind every team are hard-working individuals, and at the Storm, we consider our employees as teammates. We place high importance on the work we do because it is impactful, unifying work in the city of Seattle.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Content Planning and Execution:
- Lead yearly planning of all sponsored content across all platforms.
- Brainstorm new ideas and initiatives that are both engaging and beneficial to both the marketing and corporate partnership teams. Create and manage a production calendar of all CP & SR content
- Work with the marketing creative & social media team and the corporate partner director of activation to ensure all contract obligations are met for content
- Support CP & SR seasonal promotions, campaigns and events throughout the year (during the season and the offseason)
- Direct the design, management and implementation of all sponsored content including, but not limited to social media graphics, video board LEDs, flyers, giveaways and pitches; work with head graphic designer as needed.
- Create, edit and finalize partner pitches and recaps through Adobe Photoshop and/or Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Photoshop mockups of arena spaces and digital signage, while concepting new ways to activate partnerships.
- Brainstorm and execute innovate ways to make CP & SR graphic design and content more engaging.
- Be the point of contact for any social media content related to CP & SR.
- Track KPIs of all CP content, including graphics, campaigns, stories and organic posts.
- Work with the social team to develop and plan innovative and effective CP social media plans and strategies across all social media platforms.
- Work with Seattle Storm Coordinator, Digital Media & Communications, to manage the social media content calendar and daily activity across all social and digital channels – daily posting, creative copy, campaign launches, key social initiatives, etc.
- Assure social execution is in line with Seattle Storm brand, voice and initiatives.
- Responsible for the conceptualization, planning, and creation of compelling CP & SR stories through video for our various platforms.
- This includes producing, filming, and editing videos personally for CP & SR needs.
- Work with the CP, SR and Marketing Creative teams to brainstorm innovative ways to incorporate CP video contracted content.
- Manage, produce, and coordinate the content creation of CP & SR videoboard elements for game days.
- Attend games to capture content at the arena that involve our CP & SR needs.
- Create partner recap videos for the CP team to present to partners.
- Responsible for coordinating CP & SR video content needs for Media Day
- Attend and/or coordinate content capture for community events, StormAcademy sessions, clinics, camps, and any other social responsibility needs.
- Work with Arena operators to ensure CP LEDs are loaded and working correctly for games
- As noted above, capturing video content of specific CP & SR campaigns, in-game promotions, events, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – specifically Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop
- Knowledge of 3D animation programs is a plus.
- Ability to properly stage a shoot using lighting equipment, microphones, backdrops, etc.
- Exceptional graphic design skills and expertise in both print and digital applications
- Strong creative skills and knowledge of sports entertainment in a production environment.
- Demonstrate leadership, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a fastpaced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and manage deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends and holidays).
The Vice President of Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for driving annual corporate partnership department strategy, revenue, activation and renewal. This position will report directly to the CCO and will be a part of the Seattle Storm executive leadership team.
The Storm are looking for an experienced leader with a proven track record of revenue generation; including prospecting, presenting and closing multi-year six-seven figure partnerships for a league, team, or other sports/entertainment entity. Must be a strong self-starter with experience closing and overseeing a significant book of business, executing comprehensive campaign strategies and have direct management experience.
The successful candidate will be a strategic leader with strong commercial acumen, including experience in dynamic solutions-based sponsorship sales, exceptional relationship development and strong account management skills.
Essential Duties and Department Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction for corporate partnership business planning, strategy and department execution in support of organizational/department goals and objectives
- Using best practices and sports business trends, continually refine and implement sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals
- Support organizational effort to grow partnership revenue: actively participate in development and implementation of revenue growth plan
- Proven financial acumen and experience with diversified revenue sources, and success in maintaining fiscal stability
- The ideal candidates will be individuals with a sales-focused career path who are relentless in their pursuit of generating revenue and building strong and enduring relationships with corporate partners
- Prospect, generate corporate leads, develop relationships, identify customer needs, provide solutions, develop dynamic sales presentation, negotiate, and close new business that leads to significant corporate partnerships revenue for the organization
- Work closely with Director of Partnership Services to ensure fulfillment and maximize value for each account
- Cultivate and maintain key business relationships on partnership renewals with the goal of maximizing return on investment for corporate partners
- Create and consistently adapt retention and touch point strategies for corporate partnerships
- Oversee a portfolio of business and provide excellent customer service
- Work closely with the marketing team in idea development and activation fulfillment for prospects and current partners
- Utilize tools to track, measure, analyze and report sales activity and forecasts
- Ability to build and manage a high-performance team including the ability to improve the team and individual performance
- Recruit, hire, mentor, train and manage corporate partnership staff
- Foster and promote a collaborative and vibrant team culture
- Participation in regular leadership team and department meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in high level sports sponsorship sales experience preferred, business development background required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Sports Marketing, Business, Communications, Sales, or similar
- Positive, high energy personality with a proactive and forward-thinking mindset
- Believes in the power of professional women’s sports, growing the game and is committed to Diversity Equity Inclusion work
- Proven track record of driving YOY sales growth and achieving and or exceeding goals
- Excellent storyteller with the ability to sell the value alignment and vision of the organization to prospective partners
- Collaborative, outgoing, team-oriented & successful in working cross-departmentally
- High integrity and values are compatible with the organization
- Strong work ethic with a track record of delivering results in high-pressure situations
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and external presentation skills
- Must possess an entrepreneurial/go-getter and visionary mindset with the ability to implement solutions that realistically embrace aspirational goals
- Build relationships that are strategic and not transactional
- Exceptional work ethic and strong desire to succeed
- Desire to constantly improve, learn and willing to receive feedback
- Ability to perform and provide clear decision-making leadership while juggling multiple responsibilities/projects to stay within deadlines
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office software applications
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Sorry, all positions are filled at this time. Please check back.
Sorry, all positions are filled at this time. Please check back.