WHO WE ARE
We are a four-time WNBA championship team committed to bringing a premium professional basketball and entertainment experience to a fan base rich in tradition and support. The organization places high value on community and building platforms to positively impact the overall entertainment, attraction and economy of the Puget Sound region. In addition, we are dedicated to local youth development in the areas of fitness and wellness; with a special emphasis on inspiring leadership, motivation and the empowerment of girls and women.
WHAT WE DO
The Storm is more than 12 players on the court creating a game day experience. Behind every team are hard-working individuals, and at the Storm, we consider our employees as teammates. We place high importance on the work we do because it is impactful, unifying work in the city of Seattle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, shoot, edit video content to use on all Seattle Storm platforms including digital, broadcast and arena while taking ownership and responsibility over projects.
- Lead and assist the production of key video projects throughout season.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including marketing, communications, digital, sponsorship, community, and media partners, to deliver creative solutions that meet their objectives and expectations.
- Travel to select road trips, providing video and photo coverage of the team.
- Work all Storm home game, while capturing the gameday experience of our players and fans at Climate Pledge Arena
- Extensive knowledge of wired and wireless audio gathering.
- Expert knowledge of situational lighting for interviews, green screens, etc.
- Maintain video production gear and advise on best practices of new equipment.
- Help manage the production studio space for internal interviews and content creation.
- Develop and use motion design elements to elevate video assets.
- Showcase the ability and discipline to log and archive video content and broadcast footage throughout the season in a timely manner.
- Has the ability to build player relations in a responsible way to help elevate the player brands as well as the organizational brand.
- Collaborate with the entire marketing team to build revenue generation ideas on campaigns and how video elements will help elevate them.
- Willingness to accept other duties may be assigned.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in video production with a fast-paced sports organization.
- Proven experience shooting with Sony cameras and using production equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Cloud suite, specifically Premiere and After Effects.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with creating video content across Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Ability to show you’re a self-starter who works well in a team environment to collaborate with other departments.
- Takes initiative, ownership, and responsibility to see assigned projects through from start to completion.
- Passionate about working in sports and growing the game of basketball.
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing business demands, including working most weekends during the season (May – Oct).
- Showcases the ability of innovation while learning to adapt quickly to new organizational processes.
- Our organization has a hybrid policy that allowing to work from home and Seattle Storm offices. The position is expected to attend Seattle Storm home games at Climate Pledge Arena, and community events throughout the greater Seattle region.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to commute between multiple locations.
- Must reside within the greater Seattle region by start date.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must be able to carry, load and unload all necessary video/camera equipment – 25 to 50 pounds.
- $55,000-$58,000 salary per year
- Health benefits include medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D coverage, long term disability coverage, and HAS
- 401(k) plan that allows employees to make pre-tax or post-tax (Roth) contributions to a retirement investment account (eligibility begins following one-year of service provided the employee is permanent full-time or part-time with 1,000 hours of continued service) with a matching employer contribution equal to 100% of the employee’s contributions, up to 4% of the employee’s compensation
- Sick and vacation leave hours are accrued throughout the year allowing each employee 6 paid sick leave and 10 paid vacation days per year
- 14 paid holidays per year
Email resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Marketing and Brand Director Seth Dahle (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply.
Sorry, all positions are filled at this time. Please check back.