|| Coordinator, Broadcast & Corporate Partnerships
The Seattle Storm is seeking a professional, detail-oriented individual with strong public relations and marketing background to support Storm broadcast. This position will report to the SVP of Corporate Partnerships and will work 20 hours a week including all Storm home games.
- Assist with all aspects of producing 16 live basketball games
- Manage implementation of strategic initiatives and organizational messaging via Storm broadcast
- Collaborate with multiple departments and achieve key objectives for each show
- Work with production team and talent on schedule, game preparation, and timing
- Prep production team for each broadcast with spot logs, commercial content, promotional reads and graphics
- Monitor commercial logs both internally and with broadcast partners
- Perform game day duties as assigned, including acting as the liaison between the production team and referees during the game
- Be an active participant in all aspects of the broadcast, including commercial content monitoring, talent communication, and clock/time coordination
- Help provide proof of performance recaps for the corporate partnership team
- Assist the corporate partnership team as needed with other tasks and duties
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Interested in pursuing a career in sports broadcast, marketing/communications or corporate partnerships
- 1+ years of relevant experience in journalism or public relations and/or broadcast management
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, including proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, is required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and InDesign, is preferred
- Familiarity with stats and completing statistical projects
- Exceptional project and time management skills are essential
- A flexible schedule is vital, as the demands of the job will include evening hours on game days/nights
- Because of the nature of the department’s projects, a strong knowledge of the Seattle Storm and the WNBA is preferred
- Adhere to Seattle Storm organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Storm organization
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
||Video Production Associate
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the marketing team to ensure our business plan objectives and content plans are being met.
- Acquire and shoot necessary footage at games, events, media day, etc.
- Produce video and motion graphic content for StormBasketball.com and official social media platforms.
- Help produce video board and broadcast elements.
- Work with our corporate partnership team to create video content for our sponsor partners.
- Work with our Force4Change social justice platform to create impactful video content.
- Occasionally assist our digital media team in graphical work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrable video editing and motion graphic ability with a strong portfolio.
- Strong experience with the Adode Creative Cloud (primarily Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
- Understands the current social media platforms and trends.
- Strong understanding of various camera, lighting, and audio operations.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills that has thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity.
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Must be available to work during the majority of the Storm games (home and away) during the 2021 season (May – September). Employee will work 40 hours a week, with a schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences.
- A team-effort mindset that also does not require constant direction, but is nonetheless eager for more responsibility.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude that looks for solutions to problems and is always willing to pitch ideas where needed.
- Passion for women’s basketball and the promotion of social justice.
What you will gain from this position:
- Extensive experience in sports video operations (camera, lighting, audio, etc.).
- How the Storm digital presentation fits in as part of a larger communications strategy.
- How to use digital media to support the goals of marketing, merchandise, sales, communications, and other departments to ultimately drive revenue.
- What works to engage sports fans through digital media.
- How the various parts of a professional sports organization work together and how social media and the communications team support them.
- What to do when things “go wrong” on digital media and how to handle challenges including negative fan reaction.
- The role of “voice” in corporate communications.
- What happens behind the scenes on game nights.
- How communications channels including email, news releases, website, and mobile work together.
Position overview: The Seattle Storm is a professional basketball franchise that is looking for a motivated individual who can handle many projects, stay organized, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is a seasonal position: Approximately 30-40 hours/week, for the length of the Storm season.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receiving shipments of new merchandise
- Fulfilling online orders
- Organizing new merchandise
- Work with Sr. Manager and vendors to track and manage orders
- Communicate with fans regarding order questions
- Process returns/exchanges
- Lead the Storm Team Shop at ALL home games
- Work with Sr. Manager to create effective shop display and flow
- Scheduling Team Shop staff for each home Storm game
- After each game, count and reconcile merchandise bags
- Other duties assigned by Sr. Manager
- Passion for, and interest in merchandising/retail
- Some experience and/or schooling in retail and merchandising
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and work in a team environment
- Must be able to work days, nights and weekends
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and stand extended periods of time
- Exudes a winning customer service attitude
- Must be trustworthy and reliable