Partnership will introduce fans to the cryptocurrency world
SEATTLE — The Seattle Storm today announced a multiyear partnership with Coinbase Global, Inc. (Coinbase) that makes Coinbase the franchise’s Official Cryptocurrency Platform. The deal is the first of its kind for a WNBA franchise.
“We are excited to partner with Coinbase and that they are joining our Force4Changes efforts,” Nate Silverman, Storm SVP of Corporate Partnerships and Social Responsibility. “Coinbase is investing in women’s sports and we are thrilled that this partnership can showcase some exciting ways for fans to engage with the Coinbase and also drive positive change.”
“At Coinbase, we are dedicated to experiences that encourage fans to engage with the cryptoeconomy because the best way to learn about crypto is by participating,” said Jessica Williams, Coinbase’s Director of Brand Partnerships. “Our partnership with the Seattle Storm is an opportunity to further both of our commitments to advancing economic freedom and educating fans and players in women’s sports around the benefits of web3.”
The partnership will educate, inspire, and give fans a chance to engage in the cryptocurrency world. Some of the highlights include:
- Coinbase will be the presenting partner of all Seattle Storm Commissioner’s Cup games as the Storm looks to defend its Cup Title.
- Coinbase joins Force4Change, the Storm Social Justice platform, with a season-long initiative called The Blockchain. For every block by a Storm player this season, Coinbase and the Storm will donate $70 to TechBridge, a nonprofit that uses technology to expand the impact of other nonprofits under four pillars: Hunger Relief, Homeless Support, Social Justice, and Workforce Development.
- Coinbase will have a significant brand presence at Climate Pledge Arena, including logo placement on the Storm court and presenting starting line ups.
- Coinbase will sponsor an in-game promotion where a fan can win up to $1,000 at each game throughout the season. In addition, Coinbase will be the presenting partner of Fan Appreciation Night on August 7, providing special giveaways during the game.
- The Storm and Coinbase plan to release an exclusive Storm-themed NFT (non-fungible token). The NFT will be launched on Coinbase NFT, a digital marketplace to mint, collect, discover, and showcase digital art.
- Coinbase also signed individual deals with Jewell Loyd and Sue Bird, making both Storm players their newest brand ambassadors.
Storm 360° Season Ticket Memberships, Mini Plans, and Group Experiences are all still available, along with single-game tickets to all 2022 Storm games. For more information, visit http://stormbasketball.com, or call 206-217-WNBA (9622).
—— StormBasketball.com ——
About the Seattle Storm
The Seattle Storm is a four-time WNBA championship team that brings a premium professional basketball and entertainment experience to a fanbase rich in tradition and support. The organization leverages its community-building platforms to contribute to Puget Sound’s economic growth and enhance its citizens’ quality of life. The Storm actively expresses its embrace of diversity, equity, and inclusion through its practice of fighting for social and racial justice across the country. This work, through the Force4Change initiative, includes amplifying Black leaders and encouraging investment in Black communities. In addition, with its focus on fitness and health, the Storm promotes local youth development in the areas of leadership and sports, with an emphasis on girls and women. For more, visit StormBasketball.com.
Coinbase is building the cryptoeconomy – a more fair, accessible, efficient, and transparent financial system enabled by crypto. Coinbase started in 2012 with the radical idea that anyone, anywhere, should be able to easily and securely send and receive Bitcoin. Today, Coinbase offers a trusted and easy-to-use platform for accessing the broader cryptoeconomy.