As any Storm fan knows, to win the game you’ve got to take the important shot. The same can be said for your health. This season to beat the flu, you’ve got to take the shot.
That’s why the Storm and Kaiser Permanente are teaming up to support One Shot for Flu Prevention.
|Date:||Thursday, September 28|
|Location:||Whole Foods in South Lake Union (2210 Westlake Ave, Seattle, WA 98121) Map It|
How it Works
- For every shot the Storm players make for the rest of the season, Kaiser Permanente will donate two free flu shots to the Seattle community.
- Later this fall, those flu shots will be available on a first come, first served basis at public events in our communities.
- Seattle Storm All-Star and Olympic Gold Medalist Sue Bird will be at these events to encourage everyone to get vaccinated against the flu. Flu shots will be free, as will Sue’s autographs, and cool prizes.
Shot of the Game
Want to relive the team’s top shots? Follow the Storm on social media and watch them drive up the score, as well as the number of donated flu vaccines, via the Kaiser Permanente “Shot of the Game.
9/6 @ Phoenix (Playoffs)
9/3 @ Chicago
9/1 @ Washington
8/27 vs. Phoenix
8/23 @ Atlanta
8/20 @ Chicago
8/18 vs. San Antonio
8/16 vs. Minnesota
8/12 @ Phoenix
8/8 @ Connecticut
8/5 @ San Antonio
8/4 @ Dallas
Kaiser Permanente Tips for Flu Prevention:
Flu season is almost here, and Kaiser Permanente recommends anyone age 6 months and older receive an influenza vaccine. Tips for avoiding the flu include:
- Get a flu vaccine.
- Stay home if you’re feeling ill.
- Wash your hands often.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and throw the tissue into the trash after you use it. Or cough into your elbow (not your hands).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs are spread this way.
- Eat healthy foods and get plenty of rest and physical activity.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Contact a doctor if you’re not getting better.
Check Out Sue Bird’s Healthy Life Blog
Want to know Sue Bird’s approach to health and fitness? “Control what you can control.” Check out her other secrets to a successful and healthy life on Kaiser Permanente’s blog. Read More