2023 Seattle Storm Media Credential Policies and Procedures
THE FOLLOWING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
SEATTLE STORM CREDENTIAL CONTACTS:
General credential or credentialing process questions – Jeff Hoffman (email@example.com)
Gameday credential questions/problems – Roberta Rodrigues (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your interest in covering the four-time WNBA Champion Seattle Storm. Please review the WNBA CREDENTIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS and the WNBA CREDENTIAL USE CONDITIONS prior to applying for a credential.
** To apply for a single-game credential, complete this form. Please note: Single-game credentials must be requested no later than noon the day before the game and by Friday at 4 p.m. for Sunday games. Credential approvals will be sent out shortly after the deadline for requests closes.
GENERAL STORM CREDENTIAL POLICIES
- Credentials are only issued to media members and outlets which regularly cover the Seattle Storm and/or the WNBA. The Storm PR department, in accordance with the WNBA, has final say about granting credentials.
- A media credential is only required for media members covering games/events in person. A credential is NOT required for media members to participate in Zoom media availabilities.
- A separate application must be filled out for each media member. For example, if your outlet is requesting credentials for both a reporter and photographer, two applications must be submitted.
- If a media member with season credentials misses multiple games without a reasonable explanation, the Storm may suspend the credential or require the media member submit single game applications.
- Credentials must be visible at all times. All media with access to restricted areas will be required to produce photo ID and all bags and equipment are subject to inspection.
- Credentials are good for admittance to Climate Pledge Arena through the credential entrances only, and grant access to designated media seating or a designated spot in the photo lane.
- Single-game credentials must be requested no later than noon the day before the game and by Friday at 4 p.m. for Sunday games.
- Single-game credentials will be considered on a space-available basis. If space in the standard media seating area is unavailable, overflow seating may be made available.
- After applying for a single-game credential, you will receive a follow-up email from our office if a credential has been granted. Please do NOT show up at the arena on game day unless you have been told you have a credential for that game.
- Single-game credentials may be picked up before the game at the media entrance.
- The media entrance at Climate Pledge Arena is located at Entry 2 by the Southwest corner of the arena, off 1st Ave N. The media entrance opens 2-1/2 hours prior to tipoff.
- For single-game credentials, please have photo identification to receive your credential at the media entrance. You may pick up credentials for other working media members from your organization.
- PLEASE NOTE: MEDIA PARKING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
- Press row is located at the base of section 20 on the north side of the arena.
- Press row can be accessed by using the SW and NW entryway (VOM). Please do not use any other VOMs to enter or exit the arena floor.
- Your cooperation is asked in maintaining a working atmosphere at press row. No cheering or personal photos will be tolerated in the working area or while credentialed in any public seating areas. Failure to adhere to these policies may result in forfeiture of credential.
- The Storm Public Relations Department media workroom/press conference area is located on the event level on the southeast corner of the arena, back of house behind the home team bench area.
- The media workroom is limited to designated media members with valid Storm or WNBA media credentials. Due to limited space, it is impossible to accommodate family members, friends, guests or others. Storm PR may limit the number of credentialed media members allowed in the workroom.
- Pre-game and post-game interviews are conducted in the media work room. All media members are asked to enter and exit the room quietly to be respectful of those using the room.
- The professional intent of the media workroom is to provide a workplace for the media and designated photographers. Any abuse of the media room and/or media privileges will cause forfeiture of credentials.
PLAYER/COACH INTERVIEWS (Subject to Change):
- Players and coaches are available for interviews only at the following times:
- 1:45 before game – Seattle Storm Head Coach Noelle Quinn will be joined by two key players for a pre-game press conference in media interview room.
- TBD – Visiting team head coach pre-game press conference in media interview room
- Players are NOT mandated to be available on the court pre-game. However, team PR for both team will make best efforts to accommodate any media requests for specific players during pre-game.
- The Storm postgame press conference featuring Head Coach Noelle Quinn and two key players will take place in the media interview room beginning no later than 10 minutes following the game. The press conference will also be available via Zoom. (Zoom information can be found in the weekly media availability email sent out to media list on Sunday of each week.)
- The visiting team press conference will take place in a room in the visiting team locker room. In-person media can coordinate with visiting team PR for information on attending presser.
- Seattle Storm PR will issue a note to in-person and virtual media no later than with three minutes on the game clock indicating the names of the players for both teams to be made available in the interview room(s). These lists are subject to change in the event of late-game developments.
- After the conclusion of the presser (per team) with head coach and two key players, any additional players requested by in-person media ONLY (through team PR) are available for interviews. Contact team PR for more information on location of these interviews.
- A complimentary media meal for credentialed individuals only, will be available in the southwest corner of the arena in the workroom next to the media elevators.
- Wireless internet is available throughout the arena using the public wifi network “ClimatePledgeArena” (no password required).
- Media outlets requiring hardwired internet connections must request in writing at least 5 days in advance of the game by emailing email@example.com.
- Locker rooms are not open to media at any time.
- Seeking autographs or souvenir items from players or coaches, or asking to take personal photographs with players or coaches is strictly prohibited and subject to forfeiture of credential.
PHOTOGRAPHY/TV CAMERA GUIDELINES
- Only those photographers on assignment for media outlets which regularly cover the Seattle Storm and/or the WNBA will be issued a photo credential.
- Photo credentials must be displayed at all times.
- There are a limited number of available photo/video spots in the courtside photo lanes which will be assigned at the sole discretion of the Seattle Storm PR department in consultation with WNBA policies.
- Additional overflow photo spots may be available at the top of section 11. Photographers assigned space in overflow sections are NOT allowed to shoot in any other location including the arena bowl, seating areas, or on the arena floor. Failure to adhere to this policy WILL result in forfeiture of credential.
- When placing tape on the court, photographers must receive authorization from a member of the Storm Public Relations Department.
- Due to safety concerns, photographers must use only rubber lens hoods and keep escape lanes clear at all times.
- All credentialed photographers must shoot game action from designated media spots for photo and are allowed only within the designated photographers’ areas at the end of the court.
- All photographers and camera operators must stay at least four feet behind the baseline at all times.
- Photographers must remain seated and stationary at all times, except during quarter breaks and halftime.
- Photographers are not allowed on the court at any time during the game.
- No food or drink is allowed on the playing floor.
- Photographers cannot photograph from court entrance/exit vom’s or the escape lanes on either side of both baskets.