2023 Seattle Storm Media Credential Policies and Procedures
THE FOLLOWING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
SEATTLE STORM CREDENTIAL CONTACTS:
General credential or credentialing process questions – Jeff Hoffman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gameday credential questions/problems – Roberta Rodrigues (email@example.com)
Thank you for your interest in covering the four-time WNBA Champion Seattle Storm. Please review the WNBA CREDENTIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS and the WNBA CREDENTIAL USE CONDITIONS prior to applying for a credential.
** Application portal for single-game credentials will open on May 1, 2023 **
GENERAL STORM CREDENTIAL POLICIES
- Credentials are only issued to media members and outlets which regularly cover the Seattle Storm and/or the WNBA. The Storm PR department, in accordance with the WNBA, has final say about granting credentials.
- A media credential is only required for media members covering games/events in person. A credential is NOT required for media members to participate in Zoom media availabilities.
- A separate application must be filled out for each media member. For example, if your outlet is requesting credentials for both a reporter and photographer, two applications must be submitted.
- If a media member with season credentials misses multiple games without a reasonable explanation, the Storm may suspend the credential or require the media member submit single game applications.
- Credentials must be visible at all times. All media with access to restricted areas will be required to produce photo ID and all bags and equipment are subject to inspection.
- Credentials are good for admittance to Climate Pledge Arena through the credential entrances only, and grant access to designated media seating or a designated spot in the photo lane.
- Single-game credentials must be requested no later than noon the day before the game and by Friday at 4 p.m. for Sunday games.
- Single-game credentials will be considered on a space-available basis. If space in the standard media seating area is unavailable, overflow seating may be made available.
- After applying for a single-game credential, you will receive a follow-up email from our office if a credential has been granted. Please do NOT show up at the arena on game day unless you have been told you have a credential for that game.
- Single-game credentials may be picked up before the game at the media entrance.
- The media entrance at Climate Pledge Arena is located at Entry 2 by the Southwest corner of the arena, off 1st Ave N. The media entrance opens 2-1/2 hours prior to tipoff.
- For single-game credentials, please have photo identification to receive your credential at the media entrance. You may pick up credentials for other working media members from your organization.
- PLEASE NOTE: MEDIA PARKING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
- Press row is located at the base of section 20 on the north side of the arena.
- Press row can be accessed by using the SW entryway (VOM), closest to the media elevators. Please do not use any other entryways to access the arena floor!
- Your cooperation is asked in maintaining a working atmosphere at press row. No cheering or personal photos will be tolerated and may result in forfeiture of credential.
- The Storm Public Relations Department media workroom/press conference area is located on the event level on the southeast corner of the arena, back of house behind the home team bench area.
- The media workroom is limited to designated media members with valid Storm or WNBA media credentials. Due to limited space, it is impossible to accommodate family members, friends, guests or others. Storm PR may limit the number of credentialed media members allowed in the workroom.
- Pre-game and post-game interviews are conducted in the media work room. All media members are asked to enter and exit the room quietly to be respectful of those using the room.
- The professional intent of the media workroom is to provide a workplace for the media and designated photographers. Any abuse of the media room and/or media privileges will cause forfeiture of credentials.
PLAYER/COACH INTERVIEWS (Subject to Change)
- Players and coaches are available for interviews only at the following times:
- 1:45 before game – Seattle Storm Head Coach Noelle Quinn’s pre-game press conference in media interview room
- TBD – Visiting team head coach pre-game press conference in media interview room
- 90-60 minutes before game – Storm and visiting team players available on court for interviews (Please contact team PR to coordinate pregame interviews)
- Storm postgame press conference will take place in the media interview room beginning around 10 minutes after the game
- The visiting team press conference will take place in a location TBD
- Any players not in the postgame press conferences are available for interviews in the team locker rooms up to 30 minutes after the game (Please contact team PR to coordinate locker room interviews)
- A complimentary media meal for credentialed individuals only, will be available in the southwest corner of the arena in the workroom next to the media elevators.
- Wireless internet is available throughout the arena using the public wifi network “ClimatePledgeArena” (no password required).
- Media outlets requiring hardwired internet connections must request in writing at least 5 days in advance of the game by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Locker rooms are open for up to 30 minutes after games with players not involved in the postgame press conference available for interview.
- The home locker room is located on the east side of the arena, opposite the media work room. The visiting locker room is located on the north side of the arena, behind press row.
- Please let a member of the Storm PR staff know if you wish to conduct an interview in the locker rooms so we may assist you.
- Seeking autographs or souvenir items from players or coaches, or asking to take personal photographs with players or coaches is strictly prohibited and subject to forfeiture of credential.
PHOTOGRAPHY/TV CAMERA GUIDELINES
- Only those photographers on assignment for media outlets which regularly cover the Seattle Storm and/or the WNBA will be issued a photo credential.
- Photo credentials must be displayed at all times.
- There are a limited number of available photo/video spots in the courtside photo lanes which will be assigned at the sole discretion of the Seattle Storm PR department in consultation with WNBA policies.
- Additional overflow photo spots may be available at the top of section 11. Photographers assigned space in overflow sections are NOT allowed to shoot in any other location including the arena bowl, seating areas, or on the arena floor. Failure to adhere to this policy WILL result in forfeiture of credential.
- When placing tape on the court, photographers must receive authorization from a member of the Storm Public Relations Department.
- Due to safety concerns, photographers must use only rubber lens hoods and keep escape lanes clear at all times.
- All credentialed photographers must shoot game action from designated media spots for photo and are allowed only within the designated photographers’ areas at the end of the court.
- All photographers and camera operators must stay at least four feet behind the baseline at all times.
- Photographers must remain seated and stationary at all times, except during quarter breaks and halftime.
- Photographers are not allowed on the court at any time during the game.
- No food or drink is allowed on the playing floor.
- Photographers cannot photograph from court entrance/exit vom’s or the escape lanes on either side of both baskets.