Thank you for your interest in covering the four-time WNBA Champion Seattle Storm. Please review the CREDENTIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS and the 2022 CREDENTIAL USE CONDITIONS prior to applying for a credential. Contact Jeff Hoffman (email@example.com) with any questions about the credentialing process. (THE FOLLOWING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.)
[A media credential is only required for media members covering games/events in person. A credential is NOT required for media members to participate in Zoom media availabilities.]
PLEASE NOTE: For the 2022 season, the WNBA requires anyone within 15 feet of the court and/or players be fully vaccinated and boosted, which includes the standard media seating area, the photo lane, the media and photo work room and interview room. Proof of vaccination must be received prior to a credential being issued either for a single game or the full season. For those unable to provide verification, media seating and photo space will be available in the hockey press box. However, these credentials will not provide floor-level access.
In addition, the WNBA has instituted a “Stay at Home” policy. This policy states approved credential holders agree not to attend any WNBA game/event (or other Storm team activities) if, within the prior 14 days, the holder has tested positive for COVID-19, or, unless fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC):
- Within the prior 14 days, the holder was exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19;
- Within the prior 14 days, the holder has travelled to a state or international territory identified by federal or applicable local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19; or
- Within the prior 48 hours, the holder has experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4⁰F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the CDC (“COVID-19 Symptoms”)).
Anyone who is fully vaccinated but experiences any of the COVID-19 Symptoms identified above within the 48 hours prior to the game/event should nevertheless consult a healthcare provider and receive a negative test result for COVID-19 before attending.
GENERAL STORM CREDENTIAL POLICIES
- Credentials are issued to member of the media which regularly cover the Seattle Storm and/or the WNBA.
- The Storm PR department, in accordance with the WNBA, has final say about granting credentials.
- A separate application must be filled out for each media member. For example, if your outlet is requesting credentials for both a reporter and photographer, two applications must be filled out.
- If someone with season credentials misses multiple games without reasonable explanation, the Storm holds the right to suspend the credential or require the media member submit single game applications.
- Credentials must be visible at all times. All media with access to restricted areas will be required to produce photo ID and all bags with equipment are subject to inspection.
- Credentials are good for admittance to Climate Pledge Arena through the credential entrances only, and grant access to designated media seating or a designated spot in the photo lane.
- Single-game credentials may be picked up before the game at the media entrance.
To apply for a single-game credential, click here.
- Single-game credentials must be requested no later than noon the day before the game and by Friday at 4 p.m. for Sunday games.
- Single-game credentials will be considered on a space-available basis. If space in the standard media seating area is unavailable, overflow seating may be made available in the hockey press box.
- After applying for a single-game credential, you will receive a follow-up email from our office if a credential has been granted. Please do NOT show up at the arena on game day unless you have been told you have a credential for that game.
- The media entrance at Climate Pledge Arena is located at Entry 2 by the Southwest corner of the arena, off 1st Ave N. The media entrance opens two hours prior to tipoff.
- For single-game credentials, please have photo identification to receive your credential at the media entrance. You may pick up credentials for other working media members from your organization.
- Limited Media Parking is available at the 1st Ave Parking garage. Parking passes will be distributed by the Storm Public Relations Department at its sole discretion.
- The media work space/press conference area is located on the event level on the southeast corner of the arena, under the bleachers behind the home team bench area.
- The Storm Public Relations Department must limit media room is limited to designated members of the media with valid Storm or WNBA media credentials. It is impossible to accommodate family members, friends, guests or others.
- As post-game interviews will be conducted in the same room, all members of the media are asked to enter and exit the room quietly to be respectful of those using the room.
- The professional intent of the room is to provide a meeting and workplace for the media and designated photographers. Any abuse of the media room and/or media privileges will cause forfeiture of credentials.
- Wireless internet is available throughout the arena. Please contact a member of the Storm Public Relations department to gain access.
- Press row is located in a designated area at the base of section 13, across from the home team bench.
- Your cooperation is asked in maintaining a working atmosphere at press row. No cheering or personal photos will be tolerated and may result in forfeiture of credential.
- Locker room access for the 2022 season is still being determined by the WNBA and will be communicated once a policy is established.
- Seeking autographs or souvenir items from players or coaches is strictly prohibited and subject to forfeiture of credential.
PHOTOGRAPHY/TV CAMERA GUIDELINES
- Only those photographers on assignment for media outlets which regularly cover the Seattle Storm and/or the WNBA will be issued a photo credential.
- Photo credentials must be displayed at all times.
- There are a limited number of available photo/video spots in the courtside photo lanes which will be assigned at the sole discretion of the Seattle Storm PR department in consultation with WNBA policies.
- Additional overflow photo spots may be available in the hockey press box on a case-by-case basis. Photographers assigned space in the hockey press box are NOT allowed to shoot in any other location including the arena bowl, seating areas, or on the arena floor.
- When placing tape on the court, photographers must receive authorization from a member of the Storm Public Relations Department.
- DUE TO SAFETY CONCERNS, PHOTOGRAPHERS MUST USE ONLY RUBBER LENS HOODS AND KEEP ESCAPE LANES CLEAR AT ALL TIMES!
- All credentialed photographers must shoot game action from designated media spots for photo and are allowed only within the designated photographers’ areas at the end of the court.
- All photographers and camera operators must stay at least four feet behind the baseline at all times.
- Photographers must remain seated and stationary at all times, except during quarter breaks and halftime.
- Photographers are not allowed on the court at any time during the game.
- No food or drink is allowed on the playing floor.
- Photographers cannot photograph from court entrance/exit vom’s or the escape lanes on either side of both baskets.