As a countdown to New Year, the Seattle Storm is revisiting some of the most memorable moments of the 2017 campaign, starting with No. 10 on Dec. 22, all the way to the top moment of the season on Dec. 31.
Seattle breaks single-game field goal percentage record (61.5 percent) vs. Dallas on July 28, defeating the Wings by a 109-93 margin.
WHY IT WAS SPECIAL
- Seattle was simply clicking on all cylinders on a warm evening in late July, as the Storm connected on a franchise-best 61.5 percent (40-for-65) from the floor, led by 27 points from Jewell Loyd on 7-for-12 shooting, including an 11-for-14 mark from the charity stripe.
- A historic moment that may show up in top 10 later this month, Breanna Stewart became the fastest WNBA player to reach 1,000 points and 500 rebounds in just 55 career games, as she hauled in her seventh rebound at the 13.4 mark of the third quarter.
- At the time, Seattle’s 40 made field goals tied a franchise record for the most made in a single game. The Storm had dropped 40 buckets three times in franchise history; however, Seattle later topped that record with 41 field goals at Chicago on Aug. 20 (see moment No. 10).
- Seattle’s 34 first-quarter points marked a season high for any frame in 2017 and sits tied for fourth all-time in franchise history. The Storm shot 66.7 percent (14-for-21), including 4-for-4 from downtown. Crystal Langhorne led the way with 10 first-half points, while Alysha Clark added seven.
- Seattle’s 60 first-half points tied for second all-time in franchise history for the most points scored in the opening 20 minutes. The Storm shot 67.6 percent (25-for-37), which was also a season-best effort.
TOP 10 TRACKER:
#10: Storm ties WNBA record and sets franchise record for assists (34), sets franchise record for field goals (41) at Chicago.
#9: Seattle defeats Los Angeles, the 2016 WNBA Champions, on July 8 by an 81-69 margin at KeyArena.
#8: Seattle breaks single-game field goal percentage record (61.5 percent) vs. Dallas on July 28.
#7: Dec. 25
#6: Dec. 26
#5: Dec. 27
#4: Dec. 28
#3: Dec. 29
#2: Dec. 30
#1: Dec. 31