As a countdown to New Year, the Seattle Storm is revisiting some of the most memorable moments of the 2017 campaign, starting with No. 10 on Dec. 22, all the way to the top moment of the season on Dec. 31.
Jewell Loyd joins the 1,000-point club on May 21 vs. Washington, opens the season with three straight 20-plus point games.
WHY IT WAS SPECIAL
- In her third WNBA season (all with the Storm), Loyd notched her 1,000th-career point on May 21 against the Mystics via a crossover jumper with 31.9 seconds left in the third quarter.
- For the third-straight contest, Loyd eclipsed the 25-point mark, registering a game-high 26 points on 10-for-14 shooting. In the first three games of 2017, she racked up an astounding 78 points.
- Sue Bird made her 2017 debut on the night, recording nine points and 10 assists in 29 minutes of action.
- At the time, Seattle moved above .500 (2-1) for the first time since June 6, 2015 when the team was 1-0 after defeating Los Angeles, 86-61.
- Seattle closed the third quarter with a 13-0 run to turn a two-point (56-54) lead into a 15-point (69-54) cushion.
TOP 10 TRACKER:
#10: Storm ties WNBA record and sets franchise record for assists (34), sets franchise record for field goals (41) at Chicago.
#9: Seattle defeats Los Angeles, the 2016 WNBA Champions, on July 8 by an 81-69 margin at KeyArena.
#8: Seattle breaks single-game field goal percentage record (61.5 percent) vs. Dallas on July 28.
#7: Jewell Loyd joins the 1,000-point club on May 21 vs. Washington, capping her third-straight game with 20 or more points to open 2017.
#6: Dec. 26
#5: Dec. 27
#4: Dec. 28
#3: Dec. 29
#2: Dec. 30
#1: Dec. 31