As a countdown to New Year, the Seattle Storm is revisiting some of the most memorable moments of the 2017 campaign, starting with No. 10 on Dec. 22, all the way to the top moment of the season on Dec. 31.
Crystal Langhorne goes 9-for-9 vs. Atlanta on July 15, setting a franchise record for most makes without a miss; later scores her 4,000th-career point at Connecticut on Aug. 8.
WHY IT WAS SPECIAL
- Fans can simply call Langhorne Ms. Consistency, as she set a franchise record for the most makes without a miss, going 9-for-9 from the field en route to a season-high 20 points in a 90-84 win over Atlanta on July 15.
- At the time, Langhorne extended her consecutive field-goal streak to 18, and she went on to drill three more shots the next outing vs. Chicago. She needed only three more makes to break Nneka Ogwumike’s record of 23, set between June 7-14 of 2016.
- In addition to scoring a season-high 20 points, Langhorne drilled her first and only three of 2017 and eighth of her career with 9:23 left in the second quarter. She was 1-for-1 in 2016, with her lone attempt and make coming May 28, 2016 vs. Connecticut.
- Less than a month later, Langhorne booked her 4,000th-career point in an 84-71 setback at Connecticut.
- Langhorne currently holds the top four single-season field goal percentage records. In 2017, she bested her own record of 63 percent in 2016 with a 64.7 percent shooting clip. Langhorne also shot 56 percent in 2014 and 54.5 percent during the 2015 season.
TOP 10 TRACKER:
#10: Storm ties WNBA record and sets franchise record for assists (34), sets franchise record for field goals (41) at Chicago.
#9: Seattle defeats Los Angeles, the 2016 WNBA Champions, on July 8 by an 81-69 margin at KeyArena.
#8: Seattle breaks single-game field goal percentage record (61.5 percent) vs. Dallas on July 28.
#7: Jewell Loyd joins the 1,000-point club on May 21 vs. Washington, capping her third-straight game with 20 or more points to open 2017.
#6: Crystal Langhorne goes 9-for-9 vs. Atlanta on July 15, setting a franchise record for most makes without a miss; later scores her 4,000th-career point at Connecticut on Aug. 8.
#5: Dec. 27
#4: Dec. 28
#3: Dec. 29
#2: Dec. 30
#1: Dec. 31