Opening Night presented by Swedish Set for Mother’s Day vs. the Indiana Fever
SEATTLE – The Seattle Storm today announced the regular season schedule for the 2017 season, featuring home games on Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Seattle Pride Weekend. With the sixth pick in the upcoming 2017 WNBA Draft, Seattle is coming off its first playoff appearance since 2013, and will welcome back 2016 Rookie of the Year Breanna Stewart, 2015 WNBA Rookie of the Year Jewell Loyd and 2016 All-WNBA First Team selection Sue Bird. Storm schedule highlights are below.
- Opening Night presented by Swedish will be on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14 at 4 p.m. vs. the Indiana Fever.
- Maya Moore and the Minnesota Lynx make their first stop in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday, June 3.
- Fans are invited to celebrate Father’s Day with the Storm, Sunday, June 18 at 4 p.m. against San Antonio, who currently holds the number one pick in the 2017 WNBA Draft.
- Tip off Seattle Pride weekend on Friday, June 23 at KeyArena as the Storm welcomes Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner and the Phoenix Mercury at 7 p.m.
- Seattle will welcome Candace Parker, 2016 WNBA MVP Nneka Ogwumike and the reigning WNBA Champion Los Angeles Sparks on Saturday, July 8 with tipoff scheduled for 6 p.m.
- The Storm’s annual Kids Day celebration will be on July 12 against the Connecticut Sun, with game time set for 12 p.m.
- Elena Delle Donne and the Chicago Sky make their only regular-season trip to KeyArena in front of a national TV audience on ESPN2, Tuesday, July 18 at 6 p.m.
- Fan Appreciation Night is set for Sunday, Aug. 27 at 4 p.m. vs. Taurasi, Griner and the Mercury.
Seattle will again host the ‘Summer Fun Zone’ on the West Plaza two hours prior to every Saturday and Sunday game. The ‘Summer Fun Zone’ is free and open to the public, and will feature face painters, music, inflatables and other outdoor activities for kids.
Seattle will be featured on three ESPN telecasts, including the team’s season-opener in Los Angeles on Saturday, May 13 at 2 p.m. The team will also be on ESPN2 on Thursday, June 29 at Connecticut, with tipoff set for 5 p.m. Pacific, and on Tuesday, July 18 vs. Chicago at 6 p.m. Pacific. Seattle’s local broadcast and preseason schedules will be announced at a later date.
Single game tickets will go on sale in the Spring. Secure the best seats in the house with Storm 360 Memberships, available now, starting at $180, available online or by calling (206) 217-WNBA (9622). For package and group rates, please call 206-217-WNBA (9622).